[SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: [mod_python] Point of frustration/disappointment

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 14:57:37 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 13:20 -0500, Jon-Pierre Gentil wrote:
> If you are trying to install it from redhat's
> package system, and it requires you to install -devel packages just for
> it to work, then it is a shortcoming in Redhat, not mod_python.

Just to be clear on this point, but not try to further this aspect of
the thread, I do wholeheartedly agree with your above point.  The reason
for needing the python2-devel package is that it is where (presumably)
Redhat put all the non-english and non-unicode encodings.  I can see why
they might have put this in a separate package, but I can't agree that
it belongs in -devel.

-Jim P.