[SPAM] Re: [mod_python] Point of frustration/disappointment

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 00:39:31 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 00:18 -0400, Jorey Bump wrote:

> Switching back and forth is likely to cause problems. To avoid this, you
> will need to properly set configure options,

mod_python does NOT support this with python2.x.  You can define
$PYTHON_BIN prior to running configure, however configure doesn't
properly set the install section of the Makefile to the correct value
(it leaves it simply as "python").

> customize the source code,

crude and un-maintainable over time.

>   and/or set up a dedicated environment.

it I setup a sep dedicated environment for everything I've done in
python.... Seriously, dedicated environments are only necessary when
using mod_python, other Python apps seem to do just fine.

-Jim P.