[mod_python] mod_python and python2

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 10:14:10 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have an interesting problem and I am not sure if there is an easy fix.

I have an apache 1.3 system with mod_python-2.7.8 on RH 7.3 platform.  I
want to use mod_python for a python2 application, but as I see it
mod_python is using python1.5 (which exists for rpm_python and can't be
removed).  Is there an easy httpd.conf directive to have mod_python use
python2, or is this something that requires rebuilding mod_python?

Perhaps I am missing something in understanding how mod_python works,
let me know if you need more data.  Thanks,

-Jim P.