[mod_python] mod_python startup error

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sat Jul 16 07:41:46 EDT 2005

Have you specified:

   PythonHandler mod_python.publisher

within a <Directory> directive or in a .htaccess file?

If you haven't and you instead put it at global scope or within a
<Location> directive, you can have such problems because PythonPath
will not be automatically extended with the name of the directory
for which PythonHandler is specified.

Alternatively, are you setting PythonPath explicitly in any way?
Setting PythonPath explicitly can also override the automatic addition
of the PythonHandler directive to PythonPath and again module will
not be able to be found.

You might want to post the snippet of Apache configuration where you
setup use of mod_python. There is no need to send the whole Apache
configuration, just the relevant bit, ensuring though you show any
context it is set within, such as <Location>, <Directory> when it
is appropriate.

Graham