[mod_python] Sessions in 2.7 [trouble]

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Mon Jul 11 21:36:55 EDT 2005

Gonzalo =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sainz-Tr=E1paga?= wrote ..
> This said, PSO requires these options:
>                 PythonFixupHandler pso.modpython::fixup
>                 PythonLogHandler pso.modpython::cleanup
> in an Apache conf file. My problem is, I am on shared hosting and PSO is
> installed in my web directory, so the default python installation is not
> aware of it, and therefore Apache can't find it.

Such definitions can also be placed in a .htaccess file within your
document area. If the "pso" package is located in the same directory,
it should be able to be found without doing anything else. If you
do put it in the same directory though, there are potential security
implications. Thus you might want to keep the "pso" package elsewhere
and very carefully set PythonPath option to refer to that other directory.
Because using PythonPath overrides the automatic inclusion of the
document directory in the path, it could break other things and so
you may to have explicitly put the document directory in PythonPath
as well.