[mod_python] Vampire for module reloading

Nicolas Lehuen nicolas.lehuen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 02:11:33 EDT 2005

2005/7/8, Graham Dumpleton <grahamd at dscpl.com.au>:

> For these externally sourced packages you don't have much choice but to
> explicitly set PythonPath directive to define their location and continue
> use the "import" statement.
>
> As for your own code, it is better not to organise it as packages if you
> want
> to be able to use "import_module()" with it.
>
> Anyway, I am sure others will disagree with me on all this. :-)
>
> Graham

Well, I for one completely agree with you. I really think "library" code
(like sqlobject or Mysqldb or any other package which is not related to
mod_python publishing) should be imported the standard way (using the import
keyword) by appending the path to the libraries with the PythonPath
directive. apache.import_module should only be used for published pages and
dynamic modules.

Regards,
Nicolas