[mod_python] Apache2 + mod_python + DragonFly?

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Jul 7 20:22:36 EDT 2005

LiteStar numnums wrote ..
> Anyone have any luck with the above configuration? I simply installed
> all from package source, but apache pukes when attempting to load
> mod_python:
> Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_python.so into server:
> /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_python.so: Undefined symbol
> "pthread_create".
> If not from packages, anyone running the above config from source? Cheers!

Start by reading the FAQ entry for this problem:

  http://www.modpython.org/FAQ/faqw.py?query=pthread&querytype=simple&casefold=yes&req=search

It comes about because Apache was linked with the pthread functions
but Python/mod_python requires it. The FAQ gives a solution for BSD.
Otherwise, you are going to have to relink Apache and ensure it uses
library with the pthread functions in it.