[mod_python] mod_python with xmlrplib

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Jan 26 19:14:09 EST 2005

Craig Warren wrote ..

> I have found that you need version 1.95.8 of expat.  I had the same
> problem and  was using version 1.95.7 before Fedora Core  2
>
> [cwarren at lapbob clean]$ rpm -qi expat
> Name        : expat                        Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 1.95.8                            Vendor: (none)

That sounds like a good theory to me. The particular Linux box I
have access to has:

Name        : expat                        Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.95.7                            Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 1.1                           Build Date: Tue 02 Mar 2004 07:43:45

I justed test xmlrpclib under mod_python on it and it did indeed
crash Apache.

Good thing to know as I was just about to move my site to the box
and would have been using xmlrpclib in some stuff.

Thanks.