[mod_python] psp_site example doesn't work

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sun Jan 23 01:47:41 EST 2005

On 23/01/2005, at 5:02 PM, Zach White wrote:

> I can get mptest.py to work, but when I switch the config over to
> publisher,
> instead of processing the page I get the source of the python script
> instead.

Since configuration in httpd.conf file as opposed to .htaccess, I assume
that Apache was restarted?

After restarting Apache, when you try and access the file which you
expect
to be managed by the mod_python.publisher handler, do you see a line
appear
in the Apache error log file of the form?

   [Sun Jan 23 15:09:54 2005] [notice] mod_python: (Re)importing module
'mod_python.publisher'

This would indicate that mod_python.publisher is indeed being loaded to
handle the request.

You should also see a subsequent line indicating that your particular
handler
is being loaded. For example:

   [Sun Jan 23 17:44:25 2005] [notice] mod_python: (Re)importing module
'index' with path set to '['/Users/grahamd/Sites/publisher']'

These will only come out though if PythonDebug is enabled, which you
config
suggests it is.

If you don't see this would assume config problem or Apache not
restarted.
Are there any other messages generated in error log file?