[mod_python] psp_site example doesn't work

Zach White zwhite-mod_python at darkstar.frop.org
Sun Jan 23 01:02:05 EST 2005

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get mod_python going for a site I'm working on. However, I can't
seem to get the publisher handler to work. First, server/install details:

Server: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_python/2.7.10 Python/2.3.4 mod_ssl/2.8.16 OpenSSL/0.9.7c

Config:

<VirtualHost 65.74.140.23>
    ServerName beta.rvmotel.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/rvmotel-beta
    ErrorLog logs/motel_beta_error_log
    CustomLog logs/motel_beta_access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

<Directory "/var/www/rvmotel-beta">
    Options None
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    SetHandler mod_python
    PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
    PythonDebug On
    #PythonAutoReload on                # Change to off when not developing
</Directory>

This is on an OpenBSD 3.6 machine, running their server in a non-chrooted
environment. Python was compiled myself, and installed in /var/www/python.
I've set the path in my apachectl script so that /var/www/python/bin is
first.

I can get mptest.py to work, but when I switch the config over to publisher,
instead of processing the page I get the source of the python script
instead.

Any ideas?

On an unrelated note, it'd be nice if the archives were searchable. It seems
that google doesn't index them.

-Zach