[mod_python] Beta testers for "vampire::publisher"?

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Mon Feb 28 18:03:00 EST 2005

Bo Lorentsen wrote ..
> Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>
> >In asking, I mean to the extent of hosting and getting working an
> >existing mod_python.publisher application on top of Vampire instead,
> >not just kicking the wheels a bit.
> >

> Hmm, I have a rather large system (still in beta), written for the
> publisher, and some of the features of vampire sounds nice and worth the
> effort.
>
> But two things :
>
> - What kind of bugs do You expect (me) to find ?
> - Why have this code not been added to the mod_python cvs ?

BTW, I should also point out that all of the problems I did find with
mod_python.publisher have been posted on:

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON?report=select

Nicolas has fixed some of the older ones, but I posted another three
this past weekend. I have always tried to supply actual fixes, but in
some cases where to fix a problem properly would entail a bit of a
rethink and potential rewrite of a more significant piece of code I
have refrained from doing so, focusing more on the description of
the problem, how to test for it etc.