[mod_python] python2.4 vs python2.2

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Feb 18 16:03:39 EST 2005

On 19/02/2005, at 7:01 AM, Jon-Pierre Gentil wrote:

> On Friday 18 February 2005 06:15 am, Lionel Roubeyrie wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> just a little question :
>> The server is under RedHat 3ES, coming with python-2.2. We must use
>> python>2.3 for some functions called by our web_pages (like datetime).
>> Is it possible to say to mod_python which python to use? Where can we
>> do that?
>> Thank's
>
> Use the PythonInterpreter directive.
> http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/dir-other-pi.html

Those directives are merely for triggering creation of separate
interpreter
spaces within the mod_python system running under Apache. It isn't
going to
let you run a different version of Python.

Your only choice is going to be to reinstall mod_python module for
Apache
and configure it at build time to use the newer version of Python.