[mod_python] trying to upgrade to Python2.4, Apache2.0.53, Mod_Python3.1.4 on Mac OsX

John Raines jrraines at comcast.net
Tue Feb 15 19:40:23 EST 2005

The libraries certainly seem to be there:

jraines-Computer:/usr/local jrraines$ ls lib/python2.4/config
Makefile        Setup           Setup.config    Setup.local
config.c        config.c.in     install-sh      libpython2.4.a
makesetup       python.o
jraines-Computer:/usr/local jrraines$ ls
lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python
Cookie.py       Session.py      __init__.py     _psp.so
apache.pyo      cgihandler.pyo  psp.pyo         publisher.pyo
util.pyo
Cookie.pyc      Session.pyc     __init__.pyc    apache.py
cgihandler.py   psp.py          publisher.py    util.py
Cookie.pyo      Session.pyo     __init__.pyo    apache.pyc
cgihandler.pyc  psp.pyc         publisher.pyc   util.pyc

jraines-Computer:/usr/local jrraines$ ls
apache2 bin     include lib     man     share

jraines-Computer:/usr/local jrraines$ ls bin
AlchemyTVSetTuner       pcpmac                  pmvmac
psync                   python2.4
idle                    pgetfinfo               psetfinfo
pydoc                   smtpd.py

jraines-Computer:/usr/local jrraines$ ls lib/python2.4/lib-dynload
ColorPicker.so          _Evt.so                 _Qt.so
_csv.so                 audioop.so              gestalt.so
regex.so
MacOS.so                _File.so                _Res.so
_curses.so              autoGIL.so              grp.so
resource.so
Nav.so                  _Fm.so                  _Scrap.so
_curses_panel.so        binascii.so             icglue.so
rgbimg.so
OSATerminology.so       _Folder.so              _Snd.so
_heapq.so               bsddb185.so             imageop.so
select.so
_AE.so                  _Help.so                _TE.so
_hotshot.so             bz2.so                  itertools.so
sha.so
_AH.so                  _IBCarbon.so            _Win.so
_locale.so              cPickle.so              math.so
strop.so
_App.so                 _Icn.so                 _bisect.so
_multibytecodec.so      cStringIO.so            md5.so
struct.so
_CF.so                  _Launch.so              _bsddb.so
_random.so              cmath.so                mmap.so
syslog.so
_CG.so                  _List.so                _codecs_cn.so
_socket.so              collections.so          nis.so
termios.so
_CarbonEvt.so           _Menu.so                _codecs_hk.so
_ssl.so                 crypt.so                operator.so
time.so
_Cm.so                  _Mlte.so                _codecs_iso2022.so
_testcapi.so            datetime.so             parser.so
timing.so
_Ctl.so                 _OSA.so                 _codecs_jp.so
_tkinter.so             dbm.so                  pwd.so
unicodedata.so
_Dlg.so                 _Qd.so                  _codecs_kr.so
_weakref.so             fcntl.so                pyexpat.so
zlib.so
_Drag.so                _Qdoffs.so              _codecs_tw.so
array.so                gdbm.so                 readline.so

I thought linking Mod_Python to the Python 2.4 code was taken care of
by the "--with-python=/usr/local/bin/python2.4" ? It seems to have
gotten the site-packages directory put into the right location.