[mod_python] mod_python / psycopg problems

Ron Reisor ron at udel.edu
Mon Feb 14 14:33:44 EST 2005

These packages all work well together.

On MacOSX a framework based Python to get a shared library that works with
mod_python. Check Mac/OSX/README.

psycopg I'm using is 1.1.15. The config is pretty standard, I just specify
--with-postgres-libraries and --with-postgres-includes.

There are two problems in getting psycopg to build. The Makefile includes
-lcrypto when it doesn't need it -- it's included by the framework. And,
this has to be added:
PYTHONFRAMEWORKPREFIX=/Library/Frameworks

cheers,

Ron

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Christoph Pingel wrote:

> I'm running mod_python 3.1.3, Python 2.4 and psycopg (PostgreSQL 8.0.1) on a
> Mac OS X machine. Only recently updated to Python 2.4 and switched from MySQL
> to Postgres. An application that used to work now stops while trying to
> import psycopg.
>
> ImportError: Failure linking new module: : dyld: /opt/local/apache2/bin/httpd
> Undefined symbols:
> /opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/psycopg.so undefined reference to
> _PyArg_ParseTuple expected to be defined in the executable
> /opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/psycopg.so undefined reference to
> _PyArg_ParseTupleAndKeywords expected to be defined in the executable
> /opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/psycopg.so undefined reference to
> _PyCObject_AsVoidPtr expected to be defined in the executable
>
> What's happening here, and what should I do? Thanks for any insight.
>
> best,
> Christoph

Ron Reisor <ron at udel.edu> (RWR3)
University of Delaware Information Technologies/Network and Systems Services
Computing Center/192 South Chapel Street/Newark DE, 19716
pgp finger print: 0D 73 06 6F D3 6A 99 D3  F5 D5 6E FF 3B B9 7C 2C