[mod_python] Force reload?

Jon-Pierre Gentil jgentil at sebistar.net
Thu Feb 3 19:21:34 EST 2005

On Thursday 03 February 2005 11:54 am, Shawn Harrison wrote:

> Well, sometimes you have to roll up your sleeves when the package
> doesn't do exactly what you want.
>
> A solution that hasn't been suggested: write a simple function that
> imports a module, then reloads it, and returns the module object. Then
> use that for all imports. You could also define a "PythonOption
> MyAppDebug True/False" Apache directive, and make the reload
> instruction in your function only happen if this option is True.

I've found something that works decently well..
A hotkey bound to a command in my IDE.  :)  Just runs

find /path/to/webdir -exec touch {};

Works great.  Makes mod_python reload everything.  weird.

  Jon-Pierre Gentil               PGP: 0xA21BC30E
  jabber: jgentil at sebistar.net    web: www.sebistar.net
  "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."