[mod_python] Newbie - Development tools

Jim Steil jim.steil at customcall.com
Fri Dec 23 12:40:22 EST 2005

I know that I can use any number of different editors that are 'Ok' for
the job, or even 1/2 of the job.  What I'm looking for is ONE editor
that is good at both Python and HTML (syntax highlighting, code
completion, etc) all in one tool.  The way I've got my stuff coded,
there isn't one bit of python in my HTML pages and only a tiny bit of
HTML in my Python scripts that I'm passing back to the HTML template.
I'd like to be able to setup something like a 'project' in an IDE that
let me click on any of the files there and edit them.  I'd like to be
able to preview the html as I build it without having to jump to a
browser.  I'd like to drag-n-drop some html tags onto a palette and have
it generate code.  But, I don't want to use something as bulky as
Eclipse.  Any ideas.  I appreciate the input already given, but am
looking for something a bit more all-encompassing.

    -Jim

Jim Steil
VP of Application Development
CustomCall Data Systems