[mod_python] Bug in 3.2b5?

Sébastien Arnaud arnaudsj at emedialibrary.org
Wed Dec 21 00:31:32 EST 2005

Hi,

I am running into a pretty bad crash of apache 2.0.55 under OS 10.4.3
with mod_python 3.2b5 installed... Before I file a bug though, I
would like to know if anybody else has noticed it.

I run the following code:
[..]
	req.content_type = "application/pdf"
    	req.sendfile("/tmp/test.pdf")

The file returned in my browser is empty (0K) and I see the following
in the apache error_log:
[Tue Dec 20 23:20:04 2005] [notice] child pid 983 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

I tested on my test server (PPC Linux running 3.1.4 and apache 2.0.55
as well) and I don't witness the problem, the file is returned
properly to the browser.

If somebody else is able to reproduce the problem, then I guess we
should file a bug.

Thanks,

Sébastien