[mod_python] Segfaults when running mod_python and mod_php4/mod_php5

Jim Gallacher jpg at jgassociates.ca
Tue Dec 13 08:25:13 EST 2005

Daniel S. Reichenbach wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I have been trying to find the reason why and where mod_python segfaults
> on my
> system for a while now.
>
> Following the hints in the FAQ I have checked if mod_python, python and
> PHP had
> been built against different versions of libraries and as this is the
> case in
> Debian testing, I have switched to Debian unstable, where PHP and
> mod_python
> are both seem to be linked against the same library versions.

Is it possible that you have mod_auth_mysql enabled?

I recently did an update on my Debian unstable machine and started
getting segfaults with mod_python 3.2.5b. As it happens mod_auth_mysql
links against libmysqlclient_r.so.12 whereas python2.3 uses
libmysqlclient_r.so.14. When I disabled mod_auth_mysql the problem went
away.

Just a though.

Jim