[mod_python] Compiling on X86_64?

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Fri Dec 9 14:33:29 EST 2005

> > It GNU no longer supports the version of flex that is actively developed
> > and it the newer version needs to be retrieved from sourceforge. You may
> > want to make note in your docs.
> >

> You may want to read the output from configure more carefully. You only
> need flex if you want to regenerate psp_parser.c after making changes to
> psp_parser.l. Otherwise you can use the pre-generated psp_parser.c
> provided with the source to accomodate distributions that ship with the
> older flex. This is information is also detailed in the docs and README.

Fair enough :) but that doesn't actually address  my point which is that
the mod_python docs to not state that the newer version of flex is not
retrieved from your normal channels for the majority of your users :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl, ODBCng - http://www.commandprompt.com/