[mod_python] Debian

Jon-Pierre Gentil jgentil at sebistar.net
Wed Dec 7 16:36:52 EST 2005

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 08:52 am, Daniel J. Popowich wrote:

> > It seems that the debian maintainer of mod_python no longer has
> > sufficient time to recompile and keep mod_python updated in Debian.
> > I spoke to him and he stated that he'll likely set the packages up
> > for adoption.
> >
> > I am unfortunately not a debian developer and wouldn't have a clue
> > where to begin.  Is anyone interested in picking up the package?
>
> Yes, I would be willing to do this!  I'm a regular Debian user
> (supporting Debian machines is the day job).  What are the adoption
> procedures?  God, I hope it doesn't include blood work.  :-)

Ack, sorry for the very very late response on this.

I'd suggest contacting Peter directly about it.  His published email
address is peterh at debian.org.

Thanks for the interest.  I'd love to see Debian keep up-to-date on
things.  Especially with Python 2.4 our and mod_python 3.2.x coming along
so well.  I'd offer to do it myself, but alas, I do not have the time to
accomplish it myself.

  Jon-Pierre Gentil     KC9CAF    PGP: 0x7E1CBA17
  jabber: jgentil at sebistar.net    web: www.sebistar.net
  "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."