[mod_python] Re: mod_python problem under WinXP

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sun Aug 28 05:00:23 EDT 2005

If you have mod_python questions, there is a mailing list for this
I would rather they not be sent to me directly. :-(

for details of subscribing to the mailing list and where to post.

This email has been cc'd to the list and I provide a couple of
comments, but ....

On 28/08/2005, at 6:34 PM, Booboo wrote:

> Hello graham,
> I am sorry for bothering but i hava occured an error while running
> (installing actually) mod_pyhton under windows XP
> I am running
> apache_2.0.54-win32-x86
> python 2.3
> WinXP SP2
> the problem is - i install the mod_python binary file and it goes OK.
> I make appropriate changes in my httpd.conf file about LoadModule and
> also add
> <Directory "D/www/python">
>    SetHandler mod_python
>    AddHandler python-program .py
>    PythonHandler mptest
>    PythonDebug on
> </Directory>

If this is actually your config, you have a couple of problems. First is
the directory path is broken in that it is missing the colon from the
driver specifier and second you have both SetHandler and AddHandler
at the same time, which may cause issues. Try just:

<Directory "D:/www/python">
    AddHandler python-program .py
    PythonHandler mptest
    PythonDebug on

> strings... But i still see *.py scripts as plain text in my browser
> I saw few links where such problem was raised but i haven't found the
> solution
> the only thing that apache error log says is:
> [Sun Aug 28 11:33:13 2005] [error] [client] File does not
> exist: D:/www/favicon.ico

Did you actually restart Apache to pick up the changed config. You
at least see a mod_python startup message.

> if you have time - please respond

Try referring to and following through:

Then get yourself subscribed to the mailing list and ask further
there. I don't use Win32 machines such as Windows XP and so if it comes
to being a Win32 issue, I will not know the answer, but others probably