[mod_python] mod_python.publisher - path traversal fails

John Black JohnBlack at kashori.com
Thu Aug 25 14:57:34 EDT 2005

After much testing, I have determined that it has nothing to do
with the path traversal of mod_python.publisher. That is working
fine, as are paramter passing, etc.

I have nailed the problem down to a SQL statement. The strange
thing is this. The table has 4 columns. If I select any 1 or 2 of
those 4 columns, everything is fine. If, however, I select 3 or more,
then I receive a 404 error. There is no exception, no error message.
I surrounded it with a try: except: block and get nothing.

When I run the same select statements directly from the python
interpreter everything is fine. Also, on two other systems the entire
program works fine. However, they are using MySQLdb 1.20.

All of which leads me to wonder: is there an incompatibility between
MySQLdb 1.0.1 and mod_python 3.1.4?

I had to use MySQLdb 1.0.1 because I am stuck with Python 2.2.3
for now and MySQLdb 1.20 requires Python 2.3.4

cheers,
John