[mod_python] Issues in apache MPM mode

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Mon Aug 22 18:08:31 EDT 2005

On 23/08/2005, at 3:03 AM, Jon-Pierre Gentil wrote:

> On Monday 22 August 2005 08:30 am, Sébastien Arnaud wrote:
>
>> I wrote it with in mind targeting apache MPM (worker threaded), which
>> seemed to me the best mode in apache to lead to high performance.
>> Unfortunately, I am discovering that modules are getting reimported
>> over and over in this mode, and this is causing apache processes/
>> threads to eventually exit with a segmentation fault :(
>
> I'm pretty sure that mod_python only works with the prefork version of
> Apache.

Win32 platform doesn't use prefork, it only uses a single process
with multithreaded MPM and that works okay, better if you have the
patches which were mentioned though.

Thus, at least with mod_python 3.X and Apache 2, you aren't restricted
to just prefork mode. If using mod_python 2.7.X and Apache 1.3 then
it would be a different matter, as that version of Apache only supports
prefork.