[mod_python] Null bytes in parse_qs1 when using XmlHttpRequest

Andrew Wilkinson andrewjwilkinson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 10:43:57 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm developing a website that uses the XmlHttpRequest and mod_python,
and it works great on both Firefox and Opera however when it comes to
Konqueror (3.4.2) I get the exception given below. I've checked the
url I'm passing to the xmlhttprequest object
(http://localhost/gigs/xml.py?action=suggest&type=ALL&name=Fra) and
it's fine, when I take that an use it as a normal url it works as
expected.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in mod_python, Konqueror, or I've done
something wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Regards,
Andrew Wilkinson

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler handler"

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line
299, in HandlerDispatch
    result = object(req)

  File "/home/andrew/programming/ukgigs/handler.py", line 26, in handler
    fs = util.FieldStorage(req)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/util.py", line
114, in __init__
    pairs = parse_qsl(req.read(clen), keep_blank_values)

TypeError: argument 1 must be string without null bytes, not str