[mod_python] PythonConnectionHandler help

Ivan Ivanov rambiusparkisanius at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 16:12:32 EDT 2005

Dear Colleagues,

I downloaded mod_python two days ago and I successfully built in,
installed it on my Apache instance and tested it. I also tried all of
the examples given in [1]. I have only one question regarding
PythonConnectionHandler[2]. When I add PythonConnectionHandler in my
httpd.conf I receive a syntax error when starting apache:

C:\Program Files\ApacheGroup\Apache2\bin>Apache.exe -t
Syntax error on line 297 of C:/Program
PythonConnectionHandler not allowed here

Here is the relevent part of my httpd.conf:

<Directory "C:/Program Files/ApacheGroup/Apache2/htdocs/test">
    AddHandler mod_python .py
    PythonConnectionHandler echo

I tried this also on Linux (Fedora Core 2) with the same result. Could
you please point me what I am doing wrong.