[mod_python] scoping question

Mike Dewhirst miked at dewhirst.com.au
Thu Aug 11 01:59:14 EDT 2005

Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Graham Dumpleton wrote ..
>

>>What mod_python are you trying to use to test it out?

Graham

I'm not trying anything out just yet - my problem seems to be that
Subversion (Berkeley DB) and mod_python are incompatible in Apache. I
know this is not a problem with mod_python because I have mod_python and
Apache working very well in a Windows box.

The errors at the bottom of the excerpt of previous email arose when
trying to access a subversion repository after adding mod_python to the
list of modules Apache loads. Like this ...

# starting Apache for the first time with mod_python
[Wed Aug 10 18:09:58 2005] [notice] mod_python: Creating 32 session
mutexes based on 150 max processes and 0 max threads.
#
# 2 seconds later Apache is up and runnning with mod_python
[Wed Aug 10 18:10:00 2005] [notice] Apache/2.0.53 (Linux/SUSE)
configured -- resuming normal operations
#
# 3 minutes later Apache segfaults when I try to access a repositoory
[Wed Aug 10 18:13:02 2005] [notice] child pid 4487 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

... then after shutting it down and removing mod_python ...

[Wed Aug 10 18:17:24 2005] [notice] Apache/2.0.53 (Linux/SUSE)
configured -- resuming normal operations
# no errors

BTW here is my list of modules in Apache ...

# 05410 added dav, dav_svn, authz_svn
# 05724 removed last module in list - php4
# 05724 apppended then removed python - stops subversion
# APACHE_MODULES="access actions alias auth auth_dbm
# autoindex cgi dav dav_svn authz_svn dir env expires
# include log_config mime negotiation setenvif ssl userdir"
#
# 05810 try it with "fairly minimal" plus 05410
APACHE_MODULES="access alias auth autoindex dav dav_svn authz_svn dir
log_config mime setenvif"

Thanks for looking at this Graham

Mike