[mod_python] How to make mod_python know when Apache is shutdown/restarted?

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Aug 5 20:44:32 EDT 2005

On 06/08/2005, at 10:26 AM, Scott Chapman wrote:

> Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>
>> BTW, almost have a working version of apache.register_cleanup() going
>> anyway
>> if you want to try it when I am done. Means modify mod_python source
>> though.
>
> I'd be glad to.  Let me know when you're ready. I'm running:
> Apache/2.0.53 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.53 OpenSSL/0.9.7d mod_python/3.1.4
> Python/2.4.1c2
>
> and:
>
> Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) mod_python/3.1.4 Python/2.4.1

I have added diff as attachment to:

   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-37

The diff is against the latest version of mod_python source code
from subversion repository.

In a real hurry at the moment to get out the door and go somewhere.
As such, although I tested it working from global code executed
from a handler module import, didn't yet check it for PythonImport.
Wouldn't expect there to be a problem though.

Grisha, Nicolas, Jim. Would be appreciated if you have a glance over
the code and see if you have problems with the way I did this. Had
to change prototype of make_obcallback() in mod_python.c and init()
function in the Python "apache" module.