[mod_python] Using RSA with mod_python cookies for single sign-on

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Mon Apr 18 08:24:46 EDT 2005

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> Just thought I'd share this technique for those who are interested.
> This is how RSA public key signatures can be used in cookies to
> provide single sign-on (SSN) capability without the servers having to
> communicate with each other for authentication.
>
> http://www.openvps.org/Plone/docs/developer/musings/ssignon

Nice article.
Slightly tangential, but I recently wanted to do RSA without any C
libraries (Pure Python) and was amazed by how easy it was...
http://www.cypherspace.org/adam/rsa/python.html
Of course to interoperate with other code you need to be able to handle
certificates etc, the following libraries are useful:
ASN.1 encoding / decoding, and OAEP padding:
http://www.mixminion.net/cvs/src/minion/lib/mixminion/Crypto.py

David