[mod_python] Shared Memory

Huzaifa Tapal huzaifa at hostway.com
Thu Apr 14 10:41:46 EDT 2005

If I have two directories in my cgi-bin such as "mp1" and "mp2" that i
have setup in httpd.conf to be process by mod_python in two separate
configuration blocks such as:

<Directory "/home/user/www/cgi-bin/mp1">
    AddHandler mod_python .py
    PythonHandler mptest
    PythonDebug On
    PythonAutoReload On
</Directory>

<Directory "/home/user/www/cgi-bin/mp2">
    AddHandler mod_python .py
    PythonHandler mptest
    PythonDebug On
    PythonAutoReload On
</Directory>

Would modules loaded in the application of mp1 be cached and shared with
module being used in mp2 and vice-versa?  The reason I ask is that I
have somewhat of a similar setup where I have a production framework
running under mod_python in say "mp1" and then a beta framework running
under mod_python in say "mp2" and they both reference a separate
production and beta installations of the applications, however, when
running the beta application (which gets updated before pushing to
production for testing) I get errors from the beta application
refrencing a library module in the production which are not updated with
new code.

Any ideas on how I can setup a beta installation and production
installation of the mod_python framework on the same server so that both
access their own shared memory?

Huzaifa