[mod_python] How to do your own error handler pages in mpservlets?

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Apr 14 03:19:45 EDT 2005

Scott Chapman wrote ..
> I don't recall seeing any docs on how to do your own pages for error
> returns, such as HTTP_FORBIDDEN, etc.
>
> Can someone give me some pointers?

Have a look at the Apache ErrorDocument directive.

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#errordocument

I have never tried to see how this interacts with mod_python and whether
an error generated by mod_python with no content will be redirected
to URLs specified using ErrorDocument. I don't have the time to try now
but will later. You might want to play with it your self. Set the error
document to some URL managed by a mpservlet handler.