[mod_python] In URGENT Need of "API for Printing report in python"

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Apr 8 02:22:56 EDT 2005

tushar liladhar patil wrote ..

> R/Sir,
>       I am Tushar Patil. I m working on python2.3.4 using mandrake10.1
> as a platform, with NGO called as SVS software. We are developing a kind
> of CBT(computer Based Training).So I m in Urgent need of "Report Printing",
> API's in python.

Reports in what output format and with input from what data source?

If one needs to generate reports where the output format is PDF, good
choices are reportlab and trml2pdf. Web sites are:

  http://www.reportlab.org
  http://www.openreport.org

Live example of both being used to generate output with mod_python
can be found at:

  http://www.dscpl.com.au/projects/vampire/examples/reportlab/reportlab-demo.pdf
  http://www.dscpl.com.au/projects/vampire/examples/reportlab/trml2pdf-demo.pdf

These examples focus more on showing graphics, but the packages
can be used to textual output as well.

Source input for these two examples is:

  http://www.dscpl.com.au/projects/vampire/source/examples/reportlab/reportlab-demo.py

  http://www.dscpl.com.au/projects/vampire/source/examples/reportlab/trml2pdf-demo.rml
  http://www.dscpl.com.au/projects/vampire/source/examples/reportlab/_handler.py

The examples utilitise Vampire, but could be made to work within
other mod_python based systems.

If all you want is to generate HTML based reports, any of the various
packages for mod_python could be used.