[mod_python] Sessions performance and some numbers

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Apr 7 18:10:10 EDT 2005

On 08/04/2005, at 7:42 AM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> I am going to show my ignorance of how sessions are internally
> implemented
> here, ....

Another silly question about something I was wandering about recently
when adding support for login hooks into Vampire in order to support
session based login mechanisms.

The question is, if one doesn't explicitly invalidate a session, how
does its record get deleted from the session database? How would such
an inactive/expired sessions be cleaned out in a file based mechanism
where there is one file per session?

Anyway, probably time to start looking at the code to work it out
myself.
Thought I would still ask though. :-)