[mod_python] Next bug-fix release?

Nicolas Lehuen nicolas at lehuen.com
Mon Sep 27 20:07:29 EDT 2004

Speaking of patch, this one would come handy in the next bug-fix release
(well, at least it would save me from having my own branch of mod-python
;)...

It is a patch which enables the garbage collection of objects referenced
from the request object. If you ever created a circular reference starting
from the request object (like with req.foo.bar['req']=req), you'll certainly
notice that nothing is collected (even the request object) => shazam, you've
got a memory leak ! This patch fixes that.

I've been using it in production for nearly two weeks now, and it seems to
solve the problem (this, plus the fix of the memory leak in mod_rewrite from
Apache 2.0.51).

I've posted it on the python-dev mailing list on 09/11, but so far I haven't
got any positive or negative feedback...

Regards,

Nicolas Lehuen