[mod_python] OpenBSD's Apache and mod_python

Rev^ rev_concept at virgilio.it
Tue Sep 14 22:25:18 EDT 2004

Hi to the whole list, I write you to ask a help...

I use OpenBSD 3.5 with apache that run in chroot jail.
I have mod_ssl compiled statically too; now, I need the support for
python...

My softwares are:
- Apache 1.3.29
- mod_ssl/2.8.16 and OpenSSL/0.9.7c

I have installed python 2.3.3 and the I have unloaded mod_python-2.7.10.tgz

During the phase of compilation I have made these choices:

1) Because mod_python.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash
under EAPI, I have had to do:

    modify fileses: ../src/Makefile and Makefile.in
    OPT=-DEAPI

2) Configure

    CFLAGS='-DEAPI'
./configure --with-apache=/usr/src/usr.sbin/httpd/ --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apx

3) Make. But since I have received an error type:

    /usr/src/usr.sbin/httpd/src/include/ap_config.h:79 ap_config_auto.h: No
such file or directory

        I have chosen to do

    #cp /usr/src/usr.sbin/httpd/src/include/ap_config.h
/usr/src/usr.sbin/httpd/src/include/ap_config_auto.h

        then

    make dso
    sudo make install

4) I have finally edited /var/www/conf/httpd.conf with followings line:

     LoadModule python_module /usr/lib/apache/modules/mod_python.so

        and if your configuration uses ClearModuleList, then also

     AddModule mod_python.c

Ok, the problem is that Apache doesn't turn and I doesn't receive any error
in error_log.
I receive the message that httpd has started, but "ps ax" assures that it is
not :((

I have also copied the necessary libraries in the chroot jail, following the
suggestions found on:
http://gary.burd.info/space/PythonCGIHttpdJail.html
but if uncommented the line that load mod_python, Apache don't work too.

Boh, google is not helping me...I hope in you :)

thanks in advance,

Obbit