[mod_python] bake-off use cases

Chris Curvey ccurvey at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 6 17:08:03 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Thought I would post a list of candidate use-cases for the timesheet
application.  While these don't cover *everything* that I'd want in a
timesheet application, I think they are enough to showcase strategies
for handling sessions, persistence, permissions, and forms.   Actors for
each use case are listed in parentheses.

Login (Any user)
Maintain Projects (Administrator)
Maintain Users (Administrator)
Enter/Amend Timecard (Authenticated user)
Create Project Time Report (Authenticated user)
Create User Time Report (Authenticated user)

I have posted these at http://www.chriscurvey.com/mpbo, and turned on
discussions so that folks can make comments.  Of course, this server is
sitting in my home behind an ADSL line, so if someone has a more
reliable/speedy location to put it, we can certainly move it there.

On the UI side, I am trying to entice a UI-savvy buddy of mine to create
pages for us in exchange for a tray of brownies and some publicity for
his services.

-Chris