[mod_python] mod_python bake-off?

Michael C. Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Thu Sep 2 13:51:58 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 10:59, Nick wrote:
> Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>
> > Thus, start with raw HTML mock up pages which could be viewed statically with
> > some dummy data. PSP people could take that and convert them into PSP. The
> > mpservlet people could convert them to their way of doing things, similarly for
> > Albatross etc etc.
>
> Now you're making it too easy! :-D  But seriously, that's a good idea.  I
> only wish I had that luxury in the real world.

This method of prototyping is my real world ;)  And I agree this would
be needed to do a proper "bake off".

> As long as the HTML is clean and readable, I don't think it really matters
> whether you use an approach with table layout or using CSS.  Although most
> competent web designers these days use CSS.

I'll say here it should use css and even some x/dhtml.  These are often
parts of new sites and when I look at frameworks it's important to me to
see how well they can intergrate with x/dhtml and css.  Having a plain
html 4.0 design wouldn't really be important either; as time goes on 4.0
will matter less and less so the bake off should be forawrd looking,
imho.

Mike