[mod_python] mod_python bake-off?

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Thu Sep 2 13:15:21 EDT 2004

Nic Ferrier wrote:

> The reason I think this is that any "bake off" should be about the
> python, not the HTML. You don't want the HTML to be clever or
> interesting in anyway because it's not the subject of the bake off.

How can a webapp bakeoff not be about the HTML? This is beginning to
sound a little "ivory tower" to me.

In fact, part of the challenge should be that the application works in
any recent browser on any recent platform, including a text and
read-aloud browsers. Who cares how "good" the backend is if it can't
produce something that will survive in the real world?

In a real bakeoff, contestants get judged on the quality of their cake,
not the oven they used to bake it. :)