[mod_python] mod_python bake-off?

Nic Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 16:47:39 EDT 2004

Nick <nick at dd.revealed.net> writes:

> Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>
> > Thus, start with raw HTML mock up pages which could be viewed statically with
> > some dummy data. PSP people could take that and convert them into PSP. The
> > mpservlet people could convert them to their way of doing things, similarly for
> > Albatross etc etc.
>
> Now you're making it too easy! :-D  But seriously, that's a good idea.  I
> only wish I had that luxury in the real world.
>
> As long as the HTML is clean and readable, I don't think it really matters
> whether you use an approach with table layout or using CSS.  Although most
> competent web designers these days use CSS.

Yeah... I think this is a good idea too...

But I don't think there should be two different ones. We should have
one HTML app which has been developed in a common way. Right now I
think that means some CSS and some HTML 4.

The reason I think this is that any "bake off" should be about the
python, not the HTML. You don't want the HTML to be clever or
interesting in anyway because it's not the subject of the bake off.

Nic