[mod_python] mod_python bake-off?

Nic Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 14:51:26 EDT 2004

Chris Curvey <ccurvey at earthlink.net> writes:

> Any suggestions for an application?  I was going to use a "blackjack"
> card game, since that usually involves authorization, session
> management, and  persistence.  I'm open to other suggestions.

I think something with a business focus and a database back end would
be ideal. It really annoys me when I'm trying to learn something and
the application is something I can't really engage with (like a card
game or the pet store).

How about one of the following:

- a timesheet management system: create a time sheet, amend a
  timesheet, list timesheets, report total time.

- a project resource management system: create projects, create
  time and cost resources, map resources to projects, report on the
  results

Alternately, even though I hate it, how about pet store?

Nic