[mod_python] mod_python bake-off?

Nic Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 10:51:49 EDT 2004

David Fraser <davidf at sjsoft.com> writes:

> steven a wrote:
>
> >many frameworks are meant to separate programming logic and syntax
> >from non-programmer web designers.  what good would a bake-off do in
> >these cases?
> >

> Some but not all. The key issue here is lots of the frameworks have
> different purposes.
> Some don't help web designers at all.
> So maybe a good idea would be to have say 3 different target
> applications suited to different kinds of frameworks

I agree. I think that a significant portion of the applications should
be some sort of database access though.

The majority of Java webapps (and I think we ought to be thinking
about competing with Java webapps) are database driven things (maybe
via EJBs) either e-commerce or subscription revenue models.

If we could show several nice alternatives to Struts and JSF then I
think we'd be doing a valuable service.

Note : I don't think the other webapp mentioned is suitable if it's a
webmail tool. Webmail tools aren't common development targets.

Nic