[mod_python] MarshalCookie vs. SignedCookie

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Sat Oct 30 19:53:11 EDT 2004

A SignedCooke signs the cookie with a cryptographic signature using HMAC,
which makes it impossible for the client to change the value of it without
it being evident.

A MarshalCookie marshals the value of the cookie, which allows cookies to
be not just strings, but more complex Python objects, such as lists and
dictionaries.

HTH,

Grisha