[mod_python] mod_python.publisher and __access__ value

Daniele Cruciani crxop at tiscali.it
Fri Oct 29 14:03:32 EDT 2004

Hi,

first of all hello. I'm new to this list and relatively new to
mod_python. I looked at exampe in
http://modpython.org/example/psp_site/ . Next, downloaded the I just try:

http://modpython.org/example/psp_site/_base_url

and i get what I should not. I tried with a module and __access__=0 it
does not work too. I does not understand if still I can do
from module import *
and having __access__ do something or I have to use
apache.import_module()

I did in siteutil.py
__access__=0
def getlang(req):
    return str

in index.py

from siteutil import getlang

and

http://fincos.homeip.net/getlang

give language (actually not exactly)

in .htaccess
SetHandler mod_python
PythonHandler mod_python.publisher

Also, I'm very confused on how to use mod_python because it give me
too freedom, but I prefer it to zope for resource consuming: there is
some hint and/or more example in simple way to use it?

Cheers,
Daniele.