[mod_python] Sessions Question

Skora, Joseph Joseph.Skora at jhuapl.edu
Wed Oct 27 19:12:16 EDT 2004

Please forgive me if this is covered somewhere, I have searched high and
low for a couple days.

I am expecting that using mod_python, sessions, and authentication, I
should be able to have a page that required login and re-requires the
login when the session expires.  I may be mixing apples and potatos
though, so please correct me.

I am put together a page requiring authentication (passwd='ok' for any
user) and then have the login timeout when the session expires.  My page
is

from mod_python import apache, Session

--------------------
def handler(req):
  req.content_type = 'text/html'
  user = req.session.has_key('user') and req.session['user'] or
'Unknown'
  req.write("Hello World (%s)!<br>" % user)
  return apache.OK

def authenhandler(req):
  req.session = Session.Session(req, timeout=10.0)
  passwd = req.get_basic_auth_pw()
  user = req.user
  if req.session.is_new():
    req.session['passwd'] = passwd
    req.session['user'] = user
  req.session.save()
  if passwd == 'ok':
    return apache.OK
  else:
    return apache.HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED

It all appears to be setup ok, but the session expires without requiring
a new login.  How do I require a re-login when the session has expired?

Thanks,

Joe Skora
joseph.skora at jhuapl.edu