[mod_python] newbie question

Golawala, Moiz M (GE Infrastructure) Moiz.Golawala at ge.com
Wed Oct 27 10:06:39 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I am very new to mod_python (I have developed application with python but am new to web development in general). I have read most of the documentation and I have a couple of questions. I am planning to use mod_python along with Cheetah to build an internal website for my company. So far I have include some basic handlers in apache and can view a hello world script on my browser. Now when I try to do something a little more complicated I am lost.

 I have a couple of text fields that I want the user to fill out and then hit the submit button. I can get that html page up but I don't understand the mechanism where once a user hits the submit button, how does he/she get to the next page on the site.

In the documentation I don't see any multi page working examples. Can some one point me to some resource that has working mult-page html (PSP or Cheetah based) examples with the necessary Directory tags in the httpd.conf file so I can better understand what is going on.

Any help is appreciated greatly.

Thank you,
Moiz