[mod_python] mod_python mptest does not interpret

Erik Andresen erik at vontaene.de
Mon Oct 11 14:07:28 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm new here and the last 2 hours I was trying to get mod_python working
on my apache 1.3 (debian sarge).

Following your documentation I'm loading mod_python and have this is my
config:
<Directory /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/python>
        AddHandler mod_python .py
        PythonHandler mptest
        PythonDebug On
</Directory>

The directory /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/python really is correct,
/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/ is my DocumentRoot.

But now when trying to access http://defiant.homedns.org/python/mptest.py
I just get the plain text file.

I have
application/x-python-code                       pyc pyo
text/x-python                                   py
in my mime.types. One page suggest to delete the entry text/x-python tried
that, but that doesn't change anything.
I also tried adding
'AddType application/x-program-py .py' to the apache config - some
webpages were showing this tip - however some other pages are telling me
_not_ to do this.

However ths python module does not - apache is starting with
Apache/1.3.31 (Debian GNU/Linux) PHP/4.3.9-1 mod_python/2.7.10
Python/2.2.3+ configured -- resuming normal operations

any ideas would be nice,

Erik Andresen