[mod_python] How to keep globals

David Geller dg at sponsera.com
Sat Nov 27 12:35:37 EST 2004

I was noticing in the FAQ on maintaining a persistent MySQL DB
connection, that while there is a single global db connection, on each
request a new call to db.cursor() is made. What are the
advantages/disadvantages to making the cursor global as well and using
the same cursor for each request?

Also, since the db connection is never explicitly closed, will it be
closed when/if the apache process dies? (mpm = prefork)

David