[mod_python] Sessions and Cookies with mod_python and more

Bram bram-lists at phoenux.org
Wed Nov 17 10:27:21 EST 2004

Hello All,

First of I would like to thank the mod_python team for providing a great
module for apache...

That being said, I am a newbie to mod_python, although I have been using
python for quite some time now and have plenty of experience with
Perl/mod_perl (but would like to stop using them all together :) ). I
would like to get any input for you all out there in mod_python land on
two things:

1. The proper use of Session and Cookie in mod_python - I am really
looking for folks to make some general comments about their usage of
these modules, and how they worked out. I would be very thankful to
anyone who could give some mid to advanced level usage of these. I think
allot of folks on the list (including myself) could use this kind of info.

2. Any ideas on how to write a mod_python XMLRPC handler that is capable
of sending/receiving multipart/related data. For those of you not
familiar with multi part messages, see this:
http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/98/07/binary/binary.html . multipart messages
were created for use with email systems, and have been used to send
binary payloads along with XML messages like XMLRPC. I have implemented
this type of handler in mod_perl, but I am looking for any mod_python
related insight into this before porting. Anyone?

Thanks in advance, and keep up the great work!

Bram.