[mod_python] install problems under Fink and OSX 10.3 Panther

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Mon Nov 15 17:50:48 EST 2004

Victor Ng wrote:

> There's really not much to it is there?  I just did the usual
> configure; make; make install
>
> $ ./configure --with-apxs=/sw/sbin/apxs --with-python=/sw/bin/python
> $ make clean; make; sudo make install
>
> I added :
>
> LoadModule python_module /sw/lib/apache2/modules/mod_python.so
>
> to my httpd.conf file for Apache2, then I added the couple lines of
> config to run the mptest.py script.
>

>>>   1123 <Directory /Users/victorng/Sites>
>>>   1124     AddHandler mod_python .py
>>>   1125     PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
>>>   1126     PythonDebug On
>>>   1127 </Directory>
>

> Did I miss something?

You seem to be mixing up your examples. To test publisher, try something
like this:

<Directory /var/www/documentroot>
    AddHandler python-program .py
    PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
    PythonDebug On
</Directory>

Create test.py:

def hello(req):
     x = "Hello, world!"
     return x

Restart apache (if you modified httpd.conf), point your browser to:

  http://localhost/test.py/hello

and see if that works.