[mod_python] mod_python problem

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Tue Nov 2 15:08:20 EST 2004

Mark Eret wrote:

> I forgot to include that.  I am indeed loading the module in
> /etc/apache/modules.conf.  The line is as follows:LoadModule
> python_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_python.so
>
> On Nov 2, 2004, at 11:13 AM, Jorey Bump wrote:
>
>> Mark Eret wrote:
>>
>>> Hello there,
>>> I have Apache 1.3.31 running and mod_python 2.7.10-3 (I believe) on
>>> Debian's testing distrubution ('sarge').  I installed mod_python and
>>> Apache using 'apt-get' (apt-get install apache, apt-get install
>>> libapache-mod-python).  I tried to follow the instructions for
>>> testing my installation given in
>>> http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.7/doc/inst-testing.html,
>>> but I can't get it to work.  I followed them to the letter.
>>> My httpd.conf contains the following:
>>> <Directory /var/www/test>
>>>         AddHandler mod_python .py
>>>         PythonHandler mptest
>>>         PythonDebug On
>>> </Directory>

Try this instead:

<Directory /var/www/documentroot>
    AddHandler python-program .py
    PythonHandler mod_python.publisher
    PythonDebug On
</Directory>

Create test.py:

def hello(req):
     x = "Hello, world!"
     return x

Restart apache, point your browser to test.py, and see if that works.

If it doesn't, check your apache error log. You should see a line like
this in /var/log/apache/error.log (default location in woody) right
after restarting apache:

  [notice] mod_python: (Re)importing mod_python.publisher from None