[mod_python] Intermixing legacy CGI with mod_python

Orr, Steve sorr at rightnow.com
Wed May 26 11:36:19 EDT 2004

Thanks, at least I don't feel too ignored. :-)

I did a benchmark test with mod_python which included maintaining a pool of database connections. By not having to connect to the database for each CGI script and not having to constantly reload the Python interpreter I was able to demonstrate that a mod_python implementation would perform 100 times faster.

I'm really just interested in CGI application performance and not Apache handlers,  publisher, or psp so would I be better off with fastcgi? (We only need to run on Apache.)

Anyone have experience with both mod_python and fastcgi and care to give candid feedback?

AtDhVaAnNkCsE